National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
NEET 2018 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board.
It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India.
All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only.
As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India.
The responsibility of the CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Counseling Authorities and Admitting Institutions.
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Age Limit: Minimum 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission. Maximum limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Qualification: Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent
examination from any recognized board.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
- Physics: 45 Questions : 180 Marks
- Chemistry: 45 Questions : 180 Marks
- Zoology: 45 Questions : 180 Marks
- Botany: 45 Questions : 180 Marks
Total: 180 Questions, 720 Marks